Friday, September 6, 2013

Pretty pictures: Ascocenda Princess Mikasa

Yeah, okay, so clearly the Leuchtenbergia profile didn't happen yesterday, either. Whoops. I've been trying to take yearbook pictures this week, which involves lots of sweating and lifting. And then it got cold at night on Monday and Tuesday so I had to move some plants inside for the evening and then back out again in the morning, which also involved some sweating and lifting. And then we made a trip into Iowa City, during which I basically just sat in a hot car for three hours, which was much lighter on the lifting, but there was serious sweating. So my point is that I've been exhausted, and maybe even a bit dehydrated.

Rest assured that the profile is still going to happen, just as soon as I can, but I'm juggling a lot of things at once so it's probably not going to happen as soon as either of us would prefer.

Meanwhile: an orchid. The background was unfortunate, and confused my camera, but it's lovely all the same.



Ascocenda Princess Mikasa = Ascocenda Royal Sapphire x Vanda coerulea)

UPDATE: The Leuchtenbergia principis profile has since happened.


3 comments:

orchideya said...

Lovely. I had one a while ago, but it didn't survive my inexperienced attempts back then. Now it would be different.
Did you get any new plants from Iowa City?

mr_subjunctive said...

orchideya:

No; I rescued an Agave from Lowe's three weeks ago, and I've gotten a handful of plants in the mail from readers, but I'm much more focused on getting rid of plants these days than I am on acquiring new ones. It's been quite a while since I've even been to the ex-job.

Diane C said...

It almost looks like a hybrid violet rather than an orchid. Beautiful in its simplicity!